Monday 2 January 2012

Stairwell is in....

Some, but not much, progress today. The stairs and new stair well wall are now fixed in place and the downstairs ceilings painted and ready to have the beams attached. If I'm not too tired from work tomorrow I'll try and get that done but otherwise I am now waiting on a supply of brick slips to create a couple of fireplaces.

Until they are done and in position  I can't really finish off the remaining downstairs internal walls. I'm hoping they will be here by the end of the week. Once they are in I'll be using a fumigato technique to create the discolouration on the ceiling and having open coal fires will give me plenty of soot to stain the brickwork.

Some pictures - not very good though. I forgot to charge the camera battery and I used what was left of it up this morning on the visit to Imber and Stonehenge. I've had to use the camera phone for this but the lighting is poor in my dining room and I don't have a flash.



Well it would have been dark inside anyway for the period I think I'm going to be modelling!



Close up - still dark and gloomy even with using the torch for additional light!  I've got the effect I was after so I'm feeling pretty pleased with progress so far.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...